Skip to main content

Turki Winter Vacation - Day 5: Pamukkale, Ephesus



One thing about me when visiting any cold places or country, I would wanna try to take a shower with its cold chilling water. When I went outstation and stayed at the hotel with their full blast aircond, I would have a hot shower everyday and that made my skin dried. In Turkey, I only had hot shower once. That was during my night at Pamukkale and right after I stepped out from the shower, I was sneezing like hell.
Nice lobby. Actually that night ada Belly Dance. AKu dh pakat nak gi tengok dengan Adam. Sekali tengok bilik jauh le pulak nak jalan kan...lepas mandi semua..hmmm bercinta la nk keluar balik. Terhindar lah kami dari maksiat. hahahaha

Masa ni baru nk kebah2 sikit si Fiya. Biasala..bangun tido kan rasa sihat sikit. Boleh la pujuk suh jalan sendiri


When I tried the cold shower at first, fyuuhhhh...it's so cold my entire body went numb. Then I was shivering hard while applying the shower gel. And the shivering continued after the shower. But to my amaze, after you had your clothes on, that numbness slowly changed into a hot sensation. So usually after my shower, I went down to the dining hall with just my shirt coz that hot sensation still lingered at least till I finished my dinner. And I think due to the rashes and dried skin, the chilling shower helped a lot. But after day 4, I said to myself that I need to buy that DALAN lotion or cream to ease the itchiness and dryness of my skin. It appeared, Xiyad had the same problem but not as bad as mine. His thighs had mild rashes. My biras, Adam had the sama problem like mine but the rest of Cembam's family did not have any dry skin problem. Might be due to the blood type..I don't know.



Actually that black cover tu is a winter inner for my riding jacket that I bought in UK 4 years ago. I had to detach it from the jacket coz Malaysia aint having any winter and I still remember how hot it was wearing the jacket with it attached. Nak benti pam minyak pun malas sebab panas

Winter Turki - Pamukkale




We were asked to get ready at 7:30 AM as usual. But this time a bit tricky because our rooms are far from the lobby, no lift. So we really had to wait their staff to carry the luggages for us. Plus Fiya was having a fever and refused to walk on her own. It was the worst breakfast by far for us. Fyuuhh. And while waiting for the luggage, we went to their backyard where there have nice pools and it turned out that we could see the air balloon took off on the hill behind the hotel. Ahmed did mentioned that since we didn't have the opportunity to ride the air balloon in Cappadocia, they have 1 here in Pamukkale that costs USD150. But we instantly said we were not interested. And looking from the surrounding of our hotel, the view would not be as majestic as in Cappadocia though. So fortunately we still had the chance to take pictures with the air balloon!!! Yeayyy!!!

Ayoh tengah diexamine by the medic. They said the blood pressure is OK, if he felt like his he has a blood pressure attack, it was just the phsycology. "saikologi mende...kita rasa musing dunia doh" jawab ayoh.hahahaha

The fog or was it the mist was still thick when we headed out. The plan was to take ayah to get his neb for his asthma that morning. So instead of usual 7:30, we need to wait the clinic to open at 9AM. We went to a clinic that looks like a firestation and Ahmed said something to 2 staffs that were available there. One of the staff asked ayoh to follow her to get checked up in their ambulance. So the medical person said that ayoh would be fine as his pulse and blood pressure were OK. Alhamdulillah. So we continued our visit to the Textile Shop first. Not my kind of place. but that morning was really cold. I walked around the textile but no other shops were doing business. I just bought the Dalan lotion as I've planned and applied it around all over my dried hand.

The salesperson that could speak bahasa melayu to sale her textile products


Aku boring menunggu..aku jalan-jalan luar dan sekitar. Memang takde tempat lain. Tempat ni je yang bukak. Ada 1 je kedai yang dah jadi tinggalan je dekat2 area situ. Sejuk weh..masuk balik lah







Winter Turki - Pamukkale Hot Spring

Once we've finished shopping in the textile shop, we headed to Pamukkale Hot Spring. We saw some photos in the net about the place, the terrace hot spring. Due to the clinic visit, we already lost 90 minutes of our time. Hence, we did not really walked up the terrace to see more of the spring. We just looked it from the main entrance and took pictures by the lake there. After half an hour, we headed back into the van and went to our lunch place. We passed few areas of tangerine orchards and we could see lotsa tangerine trees all over the areas. And like knowing what was lingering in our head, Ahmed told us why the tangerines around the pedestrian were left untouched. Coz there were wild tangerines and taste too sour. Hahahaha..we even thought of picking some though.


tu pokok limau belakang tu...buah tak manis..aku tak try la plak..silap lah..patut try la kan

The lunch was so-so but I ate lots and lots of the tangerine. Feel like wana tapau lots of them. But did not have any decent storage. I did pocketed some of them in a small plastic that i have. The tangerines were sooooooo sweet. nyumm nyummm.  After prayer, we headed to our next destination - Turkish Delight Shop. Ahmed told us that he brought us to the best of the best quality. And ya, it better be!! coz they sell it in USD. Huhu..I was like "hoiii..jangan rakus sangat dok rasa free tester kalau tak beli hoiii... USD hoiii" The brand was ANATOLIAN. We did buy few boxes. But really few lah. hahaha.



banyak betul jual benda alah ni..aphrodisiac  rasanya in english. ubat kuat. hahaha


Next was The Ephesus. We told Ahmed that we were not going to visit The Virgin Mary so we had more time at the Ephesus. Ephesus was not stroller friendly for sure but we did not give up just like that. We still visited around the place with the strollers pushed along the rocky pathways. Ayah and mak just waited inside the van as Ayoh still needed to rest. After almost an hour, we emerged out from the place and was approached by the seller from the shops around the exit. They were selling turkish delight that costs you RM50 for 4 boxes!!! It sounded sooo cheap especially after we had our visit to the Anatolian delight shop few hours before. So without hesitation, I  bought 4 boxes of them and tried to tell the rest that have already walked in front of us about the nice price.












But when we caught up with the rest, they told us the shop there sold them RM50 for 6 boxes. ahahaha!! Few more guys were approaching us and tried to sell their turkish delight. One of them even sells them 8boxes for RM50!!! hahahaha. At this moment Ahmed just remained silent about it. But of course, the quality and the taste are way different from the Anatolian brand though. But they still tastes alright. The shape of each piece of them are inconsistent and they do not filled up the entire box full of them unlike the Anatolian brand. It should though when the price is USD7 vs RM10 per box. Hahahhaha. Xiyad bought the turkish ice cream and he was bewildered when the ice cream man pulled the infamous trick on him. Xiyad asked me why the guy main2 tak bagi aiskrim. Hahaha. I was a bit behind coz I was paying for my tumbler at the gift shop. I only saw Wawa grabbed the cone hurriedly when the ice cream guy tried to do the trick on her. hancur terus kon tu.hahaha..well done cembam.

Winter Turki - Ephesus

Winter Turki - Ephesus

Winter Turki - Ephesus

It was supposed to be a wrap that day. But Ahmed kept reminding us how tight the schedule for tomorrow was due to the snow peak trip which is beyond his control. The ticket queue, the amount of people taking the cable and so on. He even advised us to skip our prayer to save time by saying Allah understands. Hahahaha. punde tol. 

Then I just randomly suggested to visit the leather shop right now rather than having it the next day. Ahmed confirmed again with us and started to call the place. After a minute, he said "ok..lets go". It was still around 4-5 PM at that time. So I guess it would be enough for the leather shop. I was aiming to buy a leather backpack and my dad's leather jacket. 

When we arrived there, the place looks so luxurious. And the moment we were lead to sit next to a runway, we laughed ourselves. "muka kita ni muka orang kaya ke apa weh..siap ada pertunjukan runway ni". But we just enjoyed it and jokingly fill up the form on which jacket that were being exhibit we going to buy. hahaha


But the leather products there are best of the best. I was so in love with the 2-in-1 back to back leather jacket where you can wear the other side with different colours and some of them are in different pattern on the other side. I was so tempted. But the price is USD500 for the cheapest one. oh man!! I was trying to get rid of the temptation by saying that I was looking for a backpack..but they dont really have one that I could afford. The intention to buy my father a leather jacket here has already long gone. 



But man...I was so tempted with the 2-sided jacket and finally...FINALLY...I surrender to my temptation!! hahaa..the rest of them has already gone out of the place and waited in the van. I was alone there trying to talk to my inner demon of temptation but succumbed to it in the end. Bila lagi kannn..hahaha. I've already saved money by not trying the hot air balloon what. Yess.. so I bought a nice 2-sided leather jacket that can be worn as black or chocolate. I bargained for 450USD but to no avail. Yet somehow when I was about to pay, they gave me that price. Yayyy!!! Beli jaket rega dekat 2 ribu koooo!!! hahahahaha

When I got into the van, everyone was already suspected that I bought it. I wore it rightaway after that. hahahahaha. But ok la. If I were to say I might regret buying it is just because I already have a leather jacket for my last birthday. But I did say to Wawa that I'm gonna buy something expensive as a token of memorabilia that I was once had a nice payjob. tu je.



Then we headed home to our next hotel. Can't remember the name. Only got this picture of Xiyad at the reception hall. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VADS Berhad - Streamyx call center Reunionn

God!! My colleague has just received an email warning all of the respective employee to not storing any files, pictures or mp3 which are clearly not related to our work in the computer. Eventhough I didn't get the email, for precaution, I just upload all these images and write an entry bout it..ehehe..And these pics already got rid of the C drive..kiki Hmm..Actually this very reunion was held on 19th of June. Since there were a lot more special ocasion this month..ex:my anniv..ehehe..so this event report has been on hold till this very day..nga nga!! The reunion are for the guys that used and still working at streamyx call center and most of them are/were the splitters..It was held at 24hrs MCD near IKEA. Left pic : Me..just about the kicked off from my friend's house..the style of the day..haha.. right pic : Asmah. The one decided to invite all of us out of sudden due to rindu banget sama kami smpi nanis2..comey la semah..hehe=p Me taking the pic. From left clockwise ; Semah,

Ikat bini kamu, anak perempuan kamu pada tiang yang paling kukuh!!!

Received a parcel when I was at my parents' house. A small book of the detail translation of surah Al-Kahfi. Thanks to PPZ (Pusat Pungutan Zakat) for the yearly gift. And a beneficial one of course. My math teacher once told us before she started our math class about how the first ten verse could save you from Dajal's lure and seduction. Akan tiba waktu Dajal bermaharajalela di penghujung dunia menawarkan segala macam kemewahan dan kehendak yang sukar untuk ditolak. Dan bilamana kita tunduk pada hebatnya Dajal memenuhi permintaan kita, maka neraka lah jawabnya. Maka ikatlah anak-anak perempuan kamu, isteri dan ibu kamu di tiang yang paling utuh dan kuat dalam rumah kamu dengan kemas kerana apabila Dajal menghentakkan kakinya ke bumi, seluruh kaum wanita akan berlari-lari mendapatkan Dajal meninggalkan segala-galanya. Akan dicampak anak yang sedang didokong, suami mereka untuk Dajal. Meraung2 lah mereka diikat pada tiang. Tapi jangan pula kamu kasihankan mereka dan membuka ika

Zikir Imam Shafie sesat? Zikir tolak syurga?

Assalamualaikum.. On the way balik dari Sabak Bernam ke Bangi hati terasa melompat2 nak tulis pasal entri ni. First and foremost, aku nk tekankan di sini kenapa aku berani nak ulas pasal benda ni? Pasal hukum, zikir dan kesesatan ni padahal aku mungkin xlayak, bukan ustaz dan sebagainya. Sebabnya cuma satu, zikir ini dilabel sesat oleh sekumpulan ustaz ni tanpa ada dalil, nas alquran atau kesepakatan ulamak. Dan kesesatan yang dilabel oleh mereka hanya disebabkan pentafsiran perkataan yang digunakan dalam zikir ni. Jadi kalau setakat pasal literasi perkataan, aku pun layak. Apa pun baca dulu lah ye. Zikir Imam Shafie yang dilabel sesat baru2 ni ialah zikir yg femes korang dengar dr kecik " Ilahi lastu lilfirdausi ahla.. wala aqwa alan naril jahim.. Allah Fahab li taubatau waghfir zunubi... Fainna tagho firuzzambil azimmmm " -maafla tak jumpa arab version nye- Bawah ni terjemahannya; Oh Tuhanku aku tidak layak untuk syurgaMu. Tetapi aku tidak pula sanggup menga