Investment - long-term benefit

>> Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm online at IRC cafe again tonight. I was feeling soo hungry just now. I don't want to have another pack og maggie mee as it's not yet 3 days after the last one I had. Another week for my next salary and I only have Rm30 on me now. Not a dime in my Maybank. So, reluctantly..I came here and use my voucher once more. Ordered Fish N Chip n Iced Coffee. Of course I would order wite rice and telor dadar if I could, but it's not in the menu.

Checked my email just now and I could see an email from public bank on the Trust Fund report for this month. Finally I could see a growth on the price of my China Ittikal Fund. But still hasn't reach the same price when I bought it last year. The price started to plummet during the US financial crisis. My agent rang me and asked if I want to add my units as buying the units during that time would be beneficial. The theory is simple, BUY WHEN IT'S CHEAP AND SELL WHEN IT'S EXPENSIVE. Of course I know about that as I am used to reading books related to financial sometimes. But not the heavy one.

I said to my agent that I would observe the price for three months and see what my insticnt says. For another 3 months, the price kept on decreasing. The news about the financial crisis seems to be worse everyday. So, I took the decision not to buy more shares.

But for the last 3 months, I could see the price is slowly increasing. From 12 cents, it's now reaching for 20 cents. I bought the share when it was 2o cents plus. Means, I have just wasted a big opportunity to add my units when the price is lot cheaper. It's a real life lesson to me. I hesitated to add the unit was not actually because I saw a trend of price-plummeting. But because buying trust fund unit is not a short-term thing. The benefits could only be seen after years. The main objective to me now is saving for my marriage. Hence, eventhough I spend a thousand for example to add my unit would hopefully benefit me in the future, but I would short a thousand in my marriage saving. That's the real dilemma.

Fancy of investing anyone??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please take it~~

Please take it~~
Thanks to all my followers. Please be honoured to take this very memuah award and you can display it proudly in your blog!!

Followers

There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP